THE CASE FOR WIRED HEADPHONES
Wired headphones are said to work the same way as prominent speakers. They are more like miniature speakers, intended only for personal listening.
They come with 3mm jacks and plugs that transmit the sound from the device to the headphone.
Some of the most common types of wired headphones come with a hammered design, super bass, and passive noise cancellation. Here, we have tried to enumerate the individual benefits and drawbacks of both these headphone types thus making it easier for you to decide.
ADVANTAGES OF WIRED HEADPHONES
Although wired headphones are known to be the “older version” compared with wireless ones, they are still used by many people. Here are some of the advantages of wired headphones.
- Sound Quality: Over the years, wired headphones have improved greatly. Wired headphones like GOBASS 910 from GOVO come with an advanced chipset and 12mm driver that offers true audio and deep bass. They also have a sonic clarity and offer a maximum punch at a frequency of 20Hz.
- Easy to Repair and Less Expensive: The wired headphones are less expensive when compared with wireless ones. They can be fixed easily, whether they have short wires or frayed wires. Some of these headphones also come with a 1-year warranty. So, in case they don't work, and the defect is covered under the warranty you will get a new one for free as a replacement.
- Unlimited Playtime: The great thing about these wired headphones is that you can listen to music for a long time. They produce line-level audio signals and do not require any external power source. It’s mainly because the audio signals produce much power to operate the wired headphones. Compared with the wireless ones, they do not require any charging as well.
DISADVANTAGES OF WIRED HEADPHONES
Just like there are many benefits of these wired headphones, it also has some drawbacks. These are:
- Limits Movement: The wired headphones can restrict the movement of the users. You might have to limit your movement at times so that they do not tug the wires accidentally. Besides, the users are also tied to the audio source.
- They are Fragile: The wires of the wired headphones are thin and fragile. You can easily damage them or cause short circuits by unintentionally pulling or tugging. This will stop the headphones from functioning, and the whole situation can be frustrating for you.