The debate on wired vs wireless headphones has been going on for a while. But it’s not easy to answer which one is better because they have their own set of benefits and drawbacks. So, we can say there’s a loyal user base for both categories.
The wired headphones can be easy to use because you don’t have to charge them. But the only issue here is the wire will get in the way when you do workouts.
On the other hand, wireless ones do not come with wires and some of them also have the Bluetooth 5.0 technology. But at times, it becomes difficult to find connections, and they are also pretty expensive.
So, which are the best headphones to opt for? Wired or wireless? Confused enough? Let’s find out!
THE CASE FOR WIRED HEADPHONES
Wired headphones are said to work the same way as prominent speakers. They are more like miniature speakers, intended only for personal listening.
They come with 3mm jacks and plugs that transmit the sound from the device to the headphone.
Some of the most common types of wired headphones come with a hammered design, super bass, and passive noise cancellation. Here, we have tried to enumerate the individual benefits and drawbacks of both these headphone types thus making it easier for you to decide.
ADVANTAGES OF WIRED HEADPHONES
Although wired headphones are known to be the “older version” compared with wireless ones, they are still used by many people. Here are some of the advantages of wired headphones.
- Sound Quality: Over the years, wired headphones have improved greatly. Wired headphones like GOBASS 910 from GOVO come with an advanced chipset and 12mm driver that offers true audio and deep bass. They also have a sonic clarity and offer a maximum punch at a frequency of 20Hz.
- Easy to Repair and Less Expensive: The wired headphones are less expensive when compared with wireless ones. They can be fixed easily, whether they have short wires or frayed wires. Some of these headphones also come with a 1-year warranty. So, in case they don't work, and the defect is covered under the warranty you will get a new one for free as a replacement.
- Unlimited Playtime: The great thing about these wired headphones is that you can listen to music for a long time. They produce line-level audio signals and do not require any external power source. It’s mainly because the audio signals produce much power to operate the wired headphones. Compared with the wireless ones, they do not require any charging as well.
DISADVANTAGES OF WIRED HEADPHONES
Just like there are many benefits of these wired headphones, it also has some drawbacks. These are:
- Limits Movement: The wired headphones can restrict the movement of the users. You might have to limit your movement at times so that they do not tug the wires accidentally. Besides, the users are also tied to the audio source.
- They are Fragile: The wires of the wired headphones are thin and fragile. You can easily damage them or cause short circuits by unintentionally pulling or tugging. This will stop the headphones from functioning, and the whole situation can be frustrating for you.
CASE FOR WIRELESS HEADPHONES
The wireless headphones can transmit audio data through radio transmission technology. The most common technology used for transmitting audio is the Bluetooth 5.0 technology.
Some of the GOVO GOKIXX 620 comes with passive voice cancellation, IPX5 water-resistant, and voice assistant features as well. You will not find such features available in the wired ones.
During the Bluetooth transmission, the audio data gets encoded by the audio device into a compressed form. This particular data gets transported to the headphones through radio waves.
ADVANTAGES OF WIRELESS HEADPHONES
Using wireless headphones will shower you with many advantages, and some of them are:
- Freedom of Making Movement: The wireless headphones offer an extensive range of movement. They do not have long wires like the wired ones but come in a neckband design, which you can place around your neck and move freely without any hassle.
- Compatible with many devices: The wired headphones have a 3.5mm jack for a plug-and-play experience. But the wireless headphones, such as GOVO GOKIXX 900 will connect and function through the latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology. When there is Bluetooth, you can use the headphones with all devices, including laptops and tablets.
DISADVANTAGES OF WIRELESS HEADPHONES
Wireless headphones are more beneficial than wired ones, but they also have some disadvantages.
- They Require Charging: Some wireless headphones will offer you an outstanding music experience, but they need constant charging. Even though they come with 10 hours to 20 hours of long battery life, you must charge them up once the charge is low.
- They are Expensive: There is no doubt that wireless headphones cost a lot more than wired ones. To get these headphones in their ideal form, the manufacturers must conduct many tests. If you want to use the headphones for incompatible devices like Nintendo Switch, your TV, or Xbox One, you require a separate Bluetooth transmitter.
The type of headphones you choose will depend entirely on your activities and lifestyle. If you work as a musician and audiophile, you should opt for wired headphones. But if you’re a traveler, an athlete, or follow an active lifestyle, the wireless ones are the best choice.
You can also check out our on ear vs over the ear headphones blog to understand which one exactly fits your need.